It’s summer; you’ve worked that bikini, you’ve toned up, you’ve achieved that enviable summer tan, you’ve refrained from that slice of delicious cheesecake for so long now. You deserve a sweet treat for all that hard work. The best news? At Cashmere by Tania, we are adoring these desserts with a guilt free attitude. Just follow the simple recipes below to enjoy.
Guilt free “Ice-Cream”
Frozen bananas, cocoa powder and peanut butter. So simple yet so tasty!
Healthy Oreo Cookies.
Made with yoghurt and bananas. Talk about a great combination…
At 55 calories a puff, it surely can’t be wrong!
Tips for healthier eating
- Drink more water. The ultimate tip. It fills you up, aids your digestion and sometimes your body mixes dehydration with hunger, so hydrate, hydrate, hydrate!
- Choose wholegrain. They contain more fibre, and can make you feel full for longer. Some people think starchy foods are fattening, but gram for gram they contain fewer than half the calories of fat.
- Don’t skip breakfast. Research shows that eating breakfast can help people control their weight. A healthy breakfast is an important part of a balanced diet, and provides some of the vitamins and minerals we need for good health.
- Never restrict yourself. Sometimes if we completely cut off a type of food, the temptation makes us want it even more. If you really crave that piece of chocolate, have it! It’s all in moderation. Or look for healthy alternatives. For instance, popcorn instead of crisps or a portion of nuts.
- Get your vitamins. Not just from pills or supplements, but from fresh fruit and vegetables. Antioxidants and other nutrients are packed into low calorie and high density fruit and veg.
- Know the difference! Healthy carbohydrates: whole grains, beans, fruits, and vegetables. Healthy carbs are digested slowly, helping you feel full longer and keeping blood sugar and insulin levels stable. Unhealthy carbohydrates: white flour, refined sugar, and white rice that have been stripped of all bran, fibre, and nutrients. Unhealthy carbs digest quickly and cause spikes in blood sugar levels and energy.
With these simple healthy dessert recipes and healthy eating tips, it’ll be like nothing ever changed & you can enjoy that bikini body all year round.